I missed posting a ton of gigs here! Oh well, here are some:
- Saturday May 19th, playing percussion with the Austin Civic Wind Ensemble, 7:30pm
- Saturday June 2nd, playing piano with Not Past 11 at the Black Sparrow Music Parlor in Taylor
Come see me play!
Read more to see a list of upcoming gigs...
- Diatonic intervals (intervals within the scale) and some melodies to assist your analysis!
- Perfect intervals (why do we call them "perfect"?)
- Imperfect intervals (just to augment the instruction)
- How to analyze and write your own intervals!
In part two, you learn about scales and keys.
- The major scale, and how to build one from a melody
- Half steps and whole steps in a scale
- Key signatures, all those sharps and flats
- The Circle of Fifths
- The minor scale
Music notation is the written language that universally conveys both space and time. In the first session, you learn about music notation, just to put us all on a level playing field. You learn about notating:
I'm working on a music theory class for my bandmates in the Austin Civic Wind Ensemble. Most of them have not studied music after high school (although quite a few have). But they all know how to read music and play an instrument.
Add this code to /opt/IBM/JazzSM/profile/registry/TdwcGlobalSettings.xml
One of the most common requests is for Workload Scheduler to send the output of jobs ended in error to a user. The built-in event-driven workload automation module seems well-suited to the task. However, there are a few problems.